Linux requirement is the same as the Maya requirement. That is - Fedora 14 64-bit or RHEL 5.5 minimum. FumeFX plugin may run on various Linux distributions, but Sitni Sati d.o.o. will not be able to provide support.
When installing the FumeFX software, please make sure that you have root privileges.
After extracting the .zip package you should have following files (XXXX is the number; 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 – depending on the Maya version):
I) GUI installation (requires zenity package to be installed):
1. Run "./installFumeFX40_ADMXXXX-x64.sh" as root from the installation directory
2. Choose option "Install FumeFX 4 with AfterFLICS service (For Autodesk Maya XXXX-x64)"
3. Choose location where Autodesk Maya is installed (eg. "/usr/autodesk/maya2016-x64")
4. Choose location where mental ray is installed (eg.
"/usr/autodesk/maya2016-x64/mentalray" for older versions or
"/usr/autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2016" for latter versions)
5. Restart AFLICS service on your machine to make sure that the AFLICS service is installed properly (eg. run "service AFLICS restart" as root)
II) Command-line installation:
1. Run "./installFumeFX40_ADMXXXX-x64.sh install <MAYA_LOCATION> <MR_LOCATION>" as root where <MAYA_LOCATION> is location where Autodesk Maya is installed (eg. "/usr/autodesk/maya2016-x64") and <MR_LOCATION> is location where mental ray is installed (eg.
"/usr/autodesk/mayaXXXX-x64/mentalray" for older versions or
"/usr/autodesk/mentalrayForMayaXXXX" for latter versions)
2. Restart AFLICS service on your machine to make sure AFLICS is installed properly (eg. run "service AFLICS restart" as root)
Location of installed files:
[MAYA_PATH]/FumeFX/icons: FumeFX icons
[MAYA_PATH]/FumeFX/scripts: FumeFX .mel scripts
Once you have installed the plug-in, start Maya and open Plug-in Manager located on the main menu (Window->Settings/Preferences->Plug-in Manager)
Enable the FumeFX plugin Loaded and auto load checkboxes.